Under the direction of the Township Trustees, the Cemetery Sexton acts as a liaison to the general public and sells cemetery plots; coordinates grave openings and closings prepares and keeps cemetery records; reviews and makes cemetery rule recommendations
High school graduate or equivalent.
- Serves as a liaison to the public; informs and assist the public, resolves questions and complaints; sells cemetery plots on behalf of township.
- Maintain records and maps of gravesites, plot owners and burials.
- Reports needed maintenance to trustees and coordinates with groundskeeper.
- Directs grave openings and closings.
- Oversees marker installations in accordance with cemetery rules.
- Performs related duties as directed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Knowledge and application of (a) cemetery operations and maintenance. Ability to (a) communicate effectively in written or oral form, (b) resolve complaints of angry citizens and officials, (c) maintain accurate records.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to Muskingum Township 26 Townhall Road Marietta OH 457520