INVITATION FOR BIDS – Click here for bid package
COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL SERVICE FOR RESIDENTIALAND COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE
Sealed Bids for Collection and Disposal Service for Residential and Commercial Solid Waste and Recycling within Muskingum Township, Washington County, Ohio (hereinafter called “the Township”), will be received by the Township at the Muskingum Township Hall, 26 Townhall Rd. Marietta, Ohio 45750 (mailing address: Muskingum Township, 26 Townhall Rd. Marietta, Ohio 45750 6:00 p.m. on January 17, 2023 at which time the Bids will be opened and read aloud.
The Township intends to award an exclusive franchise for Collection and Disposal of Residential and Commercial Solid Wastes and Recycling within Muskingum Township under the terms of a three-year Contract, plus two additional one-year extensions.
The purposes for awarding the Contract are to help secure for the Muskingum Township Residents and Businesses:
1. Lower cost of monthly trash service by a private contractor.
2. Greater traffic safety by the elimination of multiple packer trucks collecting the same routes on multiple days during the same week.
3. Reduced damage to Township roads by reducing the number of packer trucks operating within the Township and having sufficient crew on the truck to decrease road damaging recoil when setting the truck brakes and to collect and load waste safely and efficiently.
4. Greater assurance that all households and businesses have legal and regular trash pickup and disposal to protect the health and safety of all residents.
5. Provide adequate, uninterrupted service access to residents and businesses, and for the availability of service for acceptance of recyclable materials in an easily accessible area. AND
6. Greater safety to pedestrians by having sufficient crew on the truck to drive and to load waste safely and